Friday, March 29, 2019

Moccasin Creek, 3/29/19

Debbie and I rode out to Moccasin creek a bit this evening, after finishing up some yard work. The creek has stabilized and is at what looks to be about the normal level, the water was only lightly muddy, and the flow was slow. Outside temps were in the mid-70's, sunny, and most of the area we were in was shady. 

Debbie caught a couple of Black Crappie, and a Warmouth. First Warmouth outta there at that location in a long time. She caught all of those on a Beetle Spin with a Smokey Shad grub.

I was throwing a Zoom Super Fluke in albino, rigged weightless and weedless. I hit a small bass and played with him, and he threw the bait about 15' out. I also got a nice blowup on the far side of the creek from where I was casting, and after a little play time with him, I failed to get a good hook set. Was all fun, nevertheless!

Here's a couple of pics of Debbie's Black Crappie...