Sunday, January 15, 2023

Houseboat build, pg61...

 When installing the TVs, I decided to be able to utilize OTA TV, streaming (from the hot spot on my phone), and other sources. Here's a few pics and descriptions...

This is a RV TV from Tyler. It's only about 14", and a perfect size for the front kitchen / dining area of the houseboat. It receives OTA TV, has multimedia options (MP3, etc) built-in, and has a good FM radio. It also has a built-in battery pack that'll run it for about 4 hours. I added a cheapie Roku Express to it (seen on the RH edge of the TV)  for streaming from my phone, and mounted it on a small wall arm. 

 

In the bedroom, we picked up a little 20" TV from Walmart for about $98 (!!). It receives Roku streaming, as well as OTA TV. I added another cheapie part, the $38 sound bar, seen just below the TV. Great picture and sound. 

 



In the above two photos, you can see the omni-directional TV antenna I added to the houseboat for OTA TV. It comes with a preamplifier, and was only about $41 delivered. It picks up about 40 channels, more than enough stuff to be able to get local TV and news while at the lake. 

 

http://www.NCFishy.net