Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Houseboat build, pg20...

 Yay, the flooring is in!! I got enough of the 2" blue core from my buddy Mark, to fill the flooring structure below the metal skin. Once all of the floats were in, I cut and laid in the blue foam insulation, and sealed around that.

This blue insulation totally filled in the structure above the floats, and was sealed in with spray foam from those little aerosol cans. Made for a nice, tight, seal.


Here, you can see as I laid down a skin of .032" aluminum sheet all along the entire flooring. This was screwed to the metal floor structure.


Metal skin in place, boy...that looks nice!! I've been cut so much by this stuff, I'm glad to finally have it in place and away from me!


Beginning to lay down a layer of b-c 1/2" plywood. This stupid photo is turned up on it's side, for some reason...


The plywood flooring is now down and mostly screwed in place. I still have to finish putting the screws in. We have a nice vinyl flooring to put on top of this, but that'll come later. I have a lot of caulking to do, as well as get the plumbing and electrical stubbed in, before I can foam fill the outer walls...

http://www.NCFishy.net