Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Major Electrical....

This boat was an electrical nightmare...tiny speaker wire pulled through sharp holes that were drilled in metal surfaces, literally looking a time to start a fire or leave us stranded out on a pond somewhere. I grabbed it all, and started ripping it out, including the switches that were taped to the transom. Once that mess was all out, I started over. First thing, a piece of aluminum angle was drilled, fitted, and installed in the middle of the boat with the three switches. That way, Deb or I could easily reach them. They were to control the navigation lights, fishing lights, and an aux circuit for phone charger / fish finder. 

Next, I set about to build a sheathed wiring harness to go from the front to the back of the boat, install screw-type terminal strips in the front, back, and middle.