Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Minn Kota Weedless Mod

We have an OLD Minn Kota Weedless 65 5 speed trolling motor. It seems to be missing a spacer or shroud between the motor or prop, but I've never been successful in finding a parts list or parts to correct it. So, after looking at newer motors, Deb and I started looking around the workshop for something to make a shroud from. She found an old plant fertilizer container with the correct ID, so I grabbed up the Dremel tool and got to work. I cut and fitted the shroud you see i the following pics, epoxied it in place, and it has been working perfectly to stop all that stuff from getting wrapped around the motor shaft. Another cheap fix to keep an antique trolling motor in operation :-)