Saturday, January 14, 2023

Houseboat build, pg59...

 I wanted to add some mood lighting to the cabin area of the houseboat...not to be used for general lighting, but rather a mood setting night lighting. I picked up a spool of "cut to length" LED lights and controller from Walmart for about $30. I installed the controller in the port side upper cabinet, and installed the LED strip under the front edge of the cabinet for it's full length. I cut the strip at that point. I wanted to match the lighting under the edge of the starboard upper cabinet, so I soldered a piece of 4 conductor thermostat wire to the cut end of the port side strip, ran the wire in the ceiling and across to the starboard cabinet. There, I connected it to the next strip, and it worked great, with the wiring totally concealed. This will generate a bunch of different colors, and can be dimmed to act as a night light in the front of the houseboat. Here's a few pics with the brightness all up...

 














 http://www.NCFishy.net