Thursday, March 14, 2019

Airfield, 3/14/19

Debbie and I went back to the "Airfield" today...can't stay away right now with the bass & bluegill action being so much fun :-) 

Debbie was again using her micro setup rigged with a #0 gold Beetle Spin, 1/32oz white crappie jig head w/red eye, and fitted with a Strike King Smokey Shad shadpole grub. She caught 5 largemouth bass and a fatty bluegill.



 
I was playing with various soft plastics...a 4" watermelon fluke, a small black stick bait, a translucent brown culprit, and a dark Senko. All were rigged weightless. I found the dark Senko and the watermelon fluke to get the most attention (standard weightless & weedless with a 3/O Skeet Reese wide space hook). I also through a small 2" spook topwater, but got no attention. I'm trying for my fist topwater of the season, but no luck so far this year. I caught 3 small bass, one was large enough to photograph :-)



...and a cool sunset!