Sunday, July 14, 2019

Secret Pond, 7/14/19

It was a nice Sunday evening with a little cloud cover, so we decided to head to the Secret Pond. We hauled the jon boat over and launched it, and fished until dark. The bite was pretty good, and Debbie caught a 2lb 9oz LMB, among other things. It was HOT.... whew, we thank God for giving us a little cloud cover and some nice evening shade to keep the direct sun off of us most of the evening. 

Debbie was using 5" Yum Dinger worms rigged weightless / weedless, and was also throwing a beetle spin on her micro setup. 

I was using 6" worms, but having little luck...so I want the other way and started finesse fishing with some 1/2 worms that were about 3" long (pieces of some of Debbie's Yum Dingers that had worn out). I immediately started picking up bass. I was throwing a beetle spin with a smokey shad grub on my micro rig, for bluegill. 

The local beaver swam around us a little, and went about his way. Here's a few pics of what we caught...