Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Hittin' The River 2, 1-2-19

We decided to pack it up and run to Little River, where hwy 231 crosses. We arrived and found it to be really muddy, but fished it, anyway. Good thing we did, the crappie were out in force there.





Debbie immediately picked up a crappie. We were still using the micro rigs & beetle spins. We usually have good luck with that setup, year 'round.





 I snagged a little bluegill upstream from the bridge...

 
 Debbie was still picking up crappie...

 
...another...

 
 ...and another. I had moved to the downstream side of the bridge, was casting out and slow rolling it back in...dragging the bottom.


 Debbie and I were talking, when I thought I had gotten hung on a snag. I pulled, and it pulled back! Wham....this thing was more than my micro could handle...I'd pull up and crank down the slack, and he'd take it right back. I finally got him close to the bank and Debbie got him with the net. My personal best all time crappie... 3lb 6oz!!

 
That was a big crappie!

 

 Next, Debbie picked up another bass! Not a bad evening, and we wanted to roll on to the next place and give it a try. We packed up and headed to Antioch Church road, where it crosses over Little River.